Monday, December 12, 2011

Cookie Swap: Peanut Butter Surprise

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to the three wonderful people who sent me cookies. They were all amazing. The Compost Cookie, Cardamon Cookies, and Chocolate Cookies with Candy Cane Creme. They were all amazing, and I can't wait to see the recipes as I will be hoarding them all! Haha.

I wish I could say I was better prepared. I know, I had so much time to be, right? Well, our oven went down and wasn't as amazing as it should have been anyway. I wanted to try and wait for the new oven, and I did when it was delivered on Monday December 5th. I made cookies from 7 AM until well into 2 PM. I made a batch of cookies, decided they weren't good enough, and went with a cookie I love and enjoy when I'm feeling stressed in the kitchen. I know I did a bad job, and I hope my cookie recipients weren't all that disappointed. Oh, and my husband mailed them. He told me what he did to package them. I was mortified. So, I hope they actually arrived in the condition they were meant to be in, and not scattered around the postal box.

I hope next year I'm not shunned from sending cookies, because I'm practicing my cookie making skills to make the most awesome recipe I can think of. This will probably be my last post for a while. I really love blogging. I love cooking and baking. But I don't love the kitchen I have to work in. Can you believe there are no windows in my kitchen? None. I have no natural lighting. There's a bit of space in our kitchen, but no counter space and my grandfather is always complaining I make too much of a mess when I try to do extra things outside of cooking for dinner. And I only want to make him happy. I'll still be making things! So when I come back around, I hope to be 100% better at what I want to do for the rest of my life! I want to share with everyone what I love most. =o]

Thank you!

3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, melted and cooled
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar, light or dark
1/2 cup regular sugar
2 egg yolks, large, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
4 teaspoons vanilla
1 bag mini Reese cups

1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. In a big bowl, mix together the flour, soda and salt. Set aside. Beat both sugars and butter until combined well. Beat in the egg yolks, egg and vanilla just until mixed. Slowly add flour mixture and mix. Take a good pinch at a time and roll into nice balls. Smoosh a reese cup into the ball dough, and re-roll to hide the candy inside. Lay on greased, sprayed or parchment lined cookie sheets about 2-inches apart. Bake until edges look light gold but centers are puffy looking and still soft, about 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets and then put on rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment